Phishing protection and online security
Phishing is a cybercrime in which emails or instant messages purporting to be from a trusted party, such as a bank, attempt to solicit sensitive information such as passwords or credit card details. These messages often direct users to a fraudulent website designed to look like that of the trusted party.
To prevent internet phishing：
- When logging in to your CTBC Securities account, always use our official website at https://www.ctbcsec.com/.
- Only conduct transactions when logged in on a computer that you trust not to be compro mised by malicious software.
- Never give your personal details to anyone over the phone or through instant message; the only time we’ll ask you for this is when you’re logging in to our official website.
- Choose a different account name and password for every website and service you use.
- Don’t download files from unknown sources.
- Keep your browser and anti-virus software up to date.
If you have any security-related concerns or questions, call us on(02)6639-2345